There are some who can't handle the Truth ...

An earlier post referenced a thought-provoking blog entry titled, "Do Orthodox know the Gospel?", which was written by an evangelical father who had discovered Orthodoxy and was getting more and more drawn to the Faith.

Sadly, I realized that soon after the author posted that insightful post, he decided to not pursue any further reading. From his last blog entry,


I must confess that as I’ve embraced Orthodoxy, my spiritual life in general has suffered as, outside of the blog world, it has been a solitary journey that has resulted in my being spiritually isolated from my other Christian friends and, most importantly, my family.


Hope anyone reading will pause and pray for him and others like him. Discovering Orthodoxy later in life can get difficult as the person has to explain to others why it's necessary to change the status-quo ... loved ones may understand, but more often there's tension especially with very few living Orthodox Churches where Christ is clearly evident to outsiders as well as the mis-representation of Christianity by tele-evangelists and other more vocal people.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Joe,

Hello. I'm not Indian, but an inquirer in the Malankara Orthodox Church. I just found your blog a few days ago, and have enjoyed slowly reading through your archives.

I'd appreciate your interaction and feedback during this time of discernment, whether on my blog or via e-mail (theleaningcross@gmail.com).

Popular Posts