Even stuff on YouTube

Starting to get addicted to this stuff ... latest quirky thing I found on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mg3V8bo7xSs

I saw Koshy Achen there, who was the priest for most of my life ... many stories and memories. I think I also saw Diju Skariah, as well as one of the seminarians (Dennis Mathai) in the video. Trying to schedule dinner with Diju this week, and to be honest looking forward to really hearing his story. Ironically, I am pretty sure I played football with Diju a couple years ago with no idea that our paths will cross like this ... and hopefully more, as the stories I've heard have been very inspirational.

But, digress from original point of the post i.e., the spirt and joy in the Indian youth in these videos and what I see in the MGOCSM events are amazing. However, what I see at Church on Sundays are stil familiar to when I was young .. and also, clearly we're losing many to either apathy or to other churches (Harvest Bible School being one that is attracting many I know).

Bishop Kallistos Ware's book "The Orthodox Way" contains the following which is inspirational and gives hope i.e.,

"While referring occassionally to other Christian communions, I do not undertake any systematic comparisons. My concern is to describe in positive terms the faith by which as an Orthodox I live, rather than to suggest areas of concord or disagreement with Roman Catholicism or Protestantism"

The Liturgy of St James ... the history and rememberence of the founding fathers ... the sacredness of the Eucharist ... this should not only be celebrated each Sunday, but we need to do one step further and make sure our children understand the magnitude and importance, and embrace Christianity and the tie back to Christ in the purest form. That's the Church I hope to find, and the Achen who is both a Shepherd and a Teacher, and knows without doubt what it means to be an Orthodox.

Comments

Popular Posts