Being a Christian

Had lunch with a good friend .. we were together in the Orthodox Church many years ago, but since then he has left the Church. One of the Seminarians used the term for this group of people as "frustrated sheep" and not "lost sheep" ... that explains my friend perfectly, and now he has found happiness and is growing in Christ in a Evangelistic Church.

I am grateful because my discussions with him really clarify a lot of the thoughts in my head ... sets an example of what is needed in our Church. Although it saddens me that the wounds by the people are too deep and most likely our kids will never worship in the same Church on a regular basis, I am happy both because their strength in God grows, and in turns helps all of us.

A community of like-minded people, all centered in Christ .. this is the definition of any Christian Church, regardless of whether Orthodox, Pentecost, Catholic or other. At the end of the journey, we will all be at the same place if we truly are followers of Christ.

Comments

Popular Posts