Dr. Liviu Librescu and Born Again

There is probably one thing that I believe that will never align with any Church ...

It is a fact that Jesus stated that he is the Way. From John 14:6, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Most argue that this is definitive proof that only Christians will go to heaven ... some go one step further and say only if you are born again will this happen.

From John 3:3, “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.”

But, one thing despite wherever this journey leads ...

There are so many non-Christians who live Christ-like life, especially that summarized in the Beatitudes. More to the point, when you read a story such as Professor Liviu Librescu's selfless act which saved so many students, how can one say that the Holy Spirit was not working through the Professor in ways we just simply cannot explain?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liviu_Librescu#Death_and_legacy

My belief is that Jesus clearly chose us and gave us a simple and clear direction on how to reach salvation. There is no doubt that through Christ, we will be saved. But, I believe that we are nothing in front of God, and God will find a way to save all His children. It is not our place to question or analyze, but rather just pray. The more I read Orthodoxy, the more I believe this is consistent with Orthodox teaching as well i.e., be humble, pray and trust in God.

Comments

Joe V. said…
I wrote this years ago ... my understanding of my Christian faith has grown so much since and so happy that Orthodoxy truly has all answers, and they all are grounded in theosis. The simplicity of Christ truly is in the original faith

Popular Posts